Darth Reed

Now that I have a place to put my quasi-technical babble over at MSDN, the space is reserved for me to spew my political bile and enjoy all things sci-fi. Heh.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

ASP.NET Control Lifecycle

I haven't posted an technically geeky .NET stuff lately, but since this came up in conversation today (yet another person having trouble with dynamically added dropdownlists to SharePoint web parts), so it thought I’d share.

ASP.NET Control Lifecycle

Strong Warning: If you add your controls dynamically in the wrong phase, you're going to have problems. Especially in SharePoint web parts!!

Be sure that you really understand this lifecycle before you start ranting and raving about web controls being too hard, and viewstate sucks and all that. Don't be a lamer. Web controls work. Web controls rock. You just need to get a clue. (And stop coding in VB.NET, dork!)

Strike last!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home