Darth Reed

Now that I have a place to put my quasi-technical babble over at MSDN, the space is reserved for me to spew my political bile and enjoy all things sci-fi. Heh.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

I love beta software!!! Mostly. Not.

My favorite error to date with SQL Server 2005 (April, June, July and August CTPs -- jury is still out on the September RC) is:


Executing the query ...
Errors in the OLAP storage engine: The restrictions imposed on partition slice where violated.
Execution complete


Isn't that a beautiful thing? So far, it seems to mean that I've selected too much data and Analysis Services refuses to analyze. Reducing the number of member selections without changing anything else in the query makes it all better. Grrr. I guess even Microsoft can only cram so much intelligence in the business...

If I were an aircraft mechanic, I'd go on strike. Heh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home