Darth Reed

Now that I have a place to put my quasi-technical babble over at MSDN, the space is reserved for me to spew my political bile and enjoy all things sci-fi. Heh.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

I was momentarily embarrassed...

Yes, after lampooning California Residency as a diagnosable disorder, I was momentarily embarrassed to be a Texan when Governor Goodhair decided that he wanted to be the first to mandate HPV vaccinations for little girls who aren't at risk for it... but I knew it wouldn't last. Thankfully, New York has stepped up with something even stupider: Bill Banning iPods In Crosswalks Slated For Albany

Are they also going to ban DEAF PEOPLE from walking in crosswalks in New York? As a unilaterally deaf person, I think I might have to sue somebody in New York for trying to socially equate me with iPod listeners, dammit. Fortunately, I think the lawmakers in Albany probably aren't enough to include other music players than the iPod, so even if I go off my medications and retract my vow to never visit New York (again), I should be safe from the law while listening to my Zune in a crosswalk. I'll just have to watch out more carefully for the insane taxi drivers...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home