Darth Reed

Now that I have a place to put my quasi-technical babble over at MSDN, the space is reserved for me to spew my political bile and enjoy all things sci-fi. Heh.

Thursday, July 12, 2007

OK, that's dumb, GW. You need to re-thunk that.

Games Workshop does more to themselves to insure their permanent obscurity than their competitors ever could.

Games Workshop Forbids Warhammer Fan Films (Slashdot)

*sigh*

GW seems to be reading from the T$R playbook from way back in the day. Not smart.

Microsoft and Bungie have "endured" some of the worst fan films (on YouTube no less) than anything I could imagine involving 40k... because they understand that it propagates the brand by viral entertainment. I think I'll be scarred forever by the Halo Kitty... but I own everything Halo that you could possibly imagine (and some you can't) including the Halo 3 Zune.

Strike out for GW.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home